Girls, I have an announcement!
While I really love giving away goodies to all you beautiful people, I do sometimes get that empty feeling that I'm sure a number of bloggers feel when they offer giveaways: despite follower numbers rising, blog involvement doesn't necessarily grow equally. I personally don't -- and can't possibly -- comment on every blog I follow, despite the fact that I think every single one of them is amazing, so I understand that some readers follow quietly.
So instead, I thought I might do something a bit different. Instead of posting about this giveaway for extra entries to win a prize, you're gonna have to work for it this time!
Amandalandish is now accepting entries for the first Nail Art(ish) Competition. I say "ish" instead of "ist" because I know that many of you ladies are, like me, completely confounded by nail art.
I will be judging the manicure that best embodies spring: that can mean the weather, the holidays, Mother's Day, your birthday, start of baseball season, graduation time, allergies, etc. Anything goes!
Judging will be based on:
- Creativity. There is no requirement for perfect nail art; in fact, just using one or two colors will suffice as long as it makes sense.
- Connection. Please include two to three sentences explaining how the manicure relates to what you think best embodies spring.
- Capriciousness. Okay, stupid word for what I'm after but I was trying to stick with the "c" theme. Basically, this means whimsy: strive to be funny, out of the box, and daring. I always appreciate a little bit of crazy ;)
Perfection not required.
I will be accepting submissions until Sunday, May 27, 11:59pm EST. Your submissions must be in jpg, png, or gif form (so everyone else can see them too!) and must include:
- Your first name, last initial, and where you're from/live.
- Your GFC name and email.
- Your explanation.
- Your blog address (if you have one)
- Any other information you feel is relevant!
Email all entries to amandalandish(at)gmail(dot)com with the title: "Nail Art(ish) Submission"
Now the prize:
One entire set of the new Pure Ice Vinyl Remix Collection!
A number of girls have asked some great questions in the comments section so I figure as those keep coming, I will edit this update.
* The submitted mani must be somehow related to spring, even tangentially or ridiculously (i.e., allergies). That's why I ask for you to include a few sentences to explain. But really, you are free to choose to depict anything.
* There are no restrictions as to what materials you can use as long as there is at least one polish involved. Feel free to use whatever accessories you'd like, however, please do not just apply a spring-themed nail decal and expect that to be a winning submission.
* Only new manis accepted. Whatever you create must be specific to this competition and not have been previously posted on another blog or website.
* One entry per person.
* Open to all readers and followers internationally.
* While only submissions emailed to be will be judged, you are welcome to post your submission on my Facebook page.
I look forward to seeing what you ladies create :)